Get You Started : Summer Induction Tasks
Summer Term 2020 Preparatory Tasks for all
Billericay School 6th Form Applicants
We are very pleased that you have applied to join our 6th form at The Billericay School.
This school year has of course presented different challenges, and while our induction process remains planned and in place on the calendar, given the current coronavirus epidemic we may need to make some alteration in due course.
Induction Day Monday 29 June has been replaced by a series of virtual events.
All 6th form applicants are invited to Mr Beezy's Motivational Seminar Monday 6 July at 2pm. Code to be published on the Applicants Google Classroom morning of 6 July.
All 6th form applicants are invited to attend Mrs Smith's Introduction to Sixth Form Thursday 9 July at 12 noon. A short introduction to the 6th form at The Billericay School with an opportunity for Q and A. Code to be published on the Applicants Google Classroom morning of 9 July
Virtual Subject Presentations will be available from mid July on the website in the 6th form area.
Updates will be shared via the 6th form Applicants Google Classroom.
September 2020 start: please see the Dates for your diary section.
Externals pre-enrolment only WEDNESDAY 2 September 1.30pm
All Year 12 Enrolment THURSDAY 3 September 10.15 am (External and Internal students)
Details of enrolment and enrolment forms will be posted home after GCSE results are published and 6th form places confirmed.
"Get You Started Tasks" Summer Term 2020
As your GCSE courses have now finished, you have the time and opportunity to start preparing for your Year 12 courses. You can download these tasks, and begin the journey of wider and deeper study in which you increasingly organise and manage your own learning. When you next meet your teachers face to face, they will ask what you have managed to achieve. We believe that students who complete the tasks conscientiously make a better start to their 6th form studies, and are better equipped to meet the demands of Year12. You are asked to complete all of the work set for your chosen subjects only.
Please click below for subject induction tasks:
- Biology 1 Biology 2 Biology 3 Biology 4 Biology 5
- Health & Social Care Task 2 Health & Social Care
- Business Business 2 Business 3 Business 4 Business 5 Business 6
- Business Business Video Business Induction
- Chemistry Pack Chemistry Pack (Answers)
- Chinese 1 Chinese 2 Chinese 3
- Computer Science 1 Computer Science 2
- Design & Technology
- Drama Drama 1 Drama 2 Drama 3 Drama 4 Drama 5
- Economics A Economics B Economics C Economics D Economics E
- English Combined 1 English Combined 2
- English Literature 1 English Literature 2 English Literature 3
- Film Studies 1 Film Studies 2 Film Studies 3
- Financial Studies
- French 1 French 2
- Further Mathematics Extension Tasks Deriving Suvat Deriving the Sum Equations
- German 1 German 2
- History 1 History 2 History 3
- Mathematics 1 Mathematics 2 Mathematics 3
- Physics Physics
- Psychology 1 Psychology 2
- Sociology 1 Sociology 2
- Sport 1 Sport 2 Sport 3 Sport 4 Sport 5