Sixth Form Prospectus
Download or view the Sixth Form Prospectus by clicking on the link below.
Sixth Form Prospectus - (click and download the prospectus)
Our Sixth Form Open Evening for prospective students will take place on Wednesday 8th November 2017 from 5.30pm to 8.15pm.
This will be an opportunity to talk to current students and subject staff about the wide range of courses offered, to hear subject talks and a talk from the Head Teacher and Head of Sixth form about life in the Sixth Form.
Please click below for more information about the courses we offer, the application process, entry requirements and for an application form.
4. Sixth Form Application Form:
Year 12-13 Information Booklet 2017-2018 (Coming soon...)
Click here for a video of the Sixth Form from the perspective of the current students
Some good reasons why you should choose The Billericay School Sixth Form:
- The size of our sixth form gives us greater resources than smaller institutions and this means we are more able to offer a wider range of subject and course combinations at A level & BTEC level 3.
- A Highly qualified and experienced staff that have a proven track record of working successfully at A level.
- Excellent study facilities and subject resources (including state of the art media and music facilities)
- Personalised care and support through a personal tutor and the sixth form pastoral team, supporting and monitoring your progress and acting as a contact point with home.
- An exceptional curriculum enrichment programme.
- Access to the school’s sport and gym facilities.
- Outstanding guidance and support for university, employment or training.
Supporting your next step:
In our sixth form you will find students:
- Applying for entrance to Russell Group, Oxford and Cambridge Universities or for courses in medicine and veterinary sciences.
- Taking ‘A’ levels, ‘AS’ levels or BTEC courses with the intention of going on to degree courses at universities and colleges of higher education.
- Leaving at eighteen to enter employment with the 'A' level, BTEC level 3 and other qualifications that they have gained during their one or two years of study.
- Leaving at 18 to gain level 3 apprenticeships.
Who can apply to the Sixth Form?
- We operate an ‘open’ sixth form which means that we offer courses to suit a range of interests and abilities, and each year there are typically 20 to 30 students who join the sixth from other schools and colleges. Places on specific programmes of study are dependent upon availability.
- You will need to reach a certain level of achievement in your GCSEs and other qualifications (see the “Which course is best for me?” page) in order to follow certain courses.
- The governing body reserves the right to refuse admission if these criteria are not met.