Jack Petchey Achievement Award
Almost 2,000 schools, colleges and youth organisations throughout London and Essex run the scheme, which contributes millions of pounds each year. The scheme is a reward and recognition initiative which enables schools and youth organisations to celebrate the achievements of their young people as well as receive additional funding.
“We do it because we want to help young people raise their aspirations, believe in themselves and make a contribution to their society.” Jack Petchey
Listed below are the winners of The Billericay School award during this academic year - many congratulations to them all.
|September||Megan Palmer||Year 11||Netball kit|
|October||Tahlia Brown||Year 10||Resources for Maths class rooms|
|November||Harry Suttling||Year 12||History department resources|
|January||Holly Waker||Year 11||Outside speaker for well being programme|
|February||Megan Leach||Year 11||Resources for Drama and vocational studies|
|March||Josh Smith||Year 10||Replacement practice piano in music|
|April||Sophie Wakeling||Year 11||TBA|
|May||Amy Wiles||Year 11||TBA|
How does the scheme work?
1. The school regularly select a young person to receive an Achievement Award - The Billericay School selects a student each month for nine months of the year.
2. The nomination and selection processes are led by the young people within our school.
3. When a winner is selected they are publicly congratulated for their achievement and receive:
- A framed certificate and badge
- Membership of the JPF Achievers community
- £200 to be spent on a something of their choice that will benefit our school (for example, a piece of equipment, a day out for the team, a specialist trainer to come in give a session).
4. Award winners are further recognised by attending one of the Jack Petchey celebration events where they are congratulated on stage in front of friends and family.
5. In order to make this run smoothly, each school or club has a ‘coordinator’ who is responsible for the internal management and overseeing of the scheme in the school. At Billericay School this is Mr Parkin.