The Billericay School seeks to ensure that all its students receive a full-time education which maximises opportunities for each pupil to realise his/her true potential.
The school will strive to provide a welcoming, caring environment, whereby each member of the school community feels wanted, valued and secure.
All school staff will work with students and their families to ensure each pupil attends school regularly and punctually.
The school will establish an effective system of incentives and rewards which acknowledges the efforts of students to improve their attendance and timekeeping and will challenge the behaviour of those students and parents who give low priority to attendance and punctuality.
To meet these objectives the school will establish an effective and efficient system of communication with students, parents and appropriate agencies to provide mutual information, advice and support.
We will give a high priority to conveying to parents and students the importance of regular and punctual attendance. We recognise that parents have a vital role to play and that there is a need to establish strong home-school links and communication systems that can be utilised whenever there are concerns about attendance.
If there are problems which affect a student’s attendance we will investigate, identify and strive in partnership with parents and students to resolve those problems as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- To improve the overall percentage attendance of students at school.
- To monitor the framework which defines agreed roles and responsibilities and promotes consistency in carrying out designated tasks.
- To have a systematic approach to gathering and analysing attendance related data.
- To make attendance and punctuality a priority for all those associated with the school including students, parents, teachers and governors.
- To provide support, advice and guidance to parents and students.
- To adhere to the system of rewards and sanctions which are in place.
- To continue to promote effective partnerships with the Local Authority [LA] and with other services and agencies.
- To recognise the needs of the individual pupil when planning reintegration following significant periods of absence.
Our Attendance Policy and accompanying COVID-19 Addendum can be found here: Please click here
Parents/Carers are responsible for informing the school in the event of any absence. This includes; sickness, medical appointments and any other unplanned absence.
Leave of Absence
Leave of absence may only be granted by a person authorised in that behalf by the proprietor of the school.
The attendance office is located within C-Block , adjacent to Student Services.