Sixth Form Prospectus
The 6th Form digital prospectus will be available here after the half term break. This contains details of the range of courses offered and information about entry criteria, as well as providing some insights into the life of the Sixth Form at the Billericay School.
Virtual Sixth Form Open Evening on Thursday 19 November, 5.00pm. – 8.00pm.
This year we will be hosting a virtual event. All interested applicants, both from The Billericay School and other schools are warmly invited to attend.
On 19 November there will be 2 ‘real time’ talks giving key information to all prospective students and their parents/guardians about the Sixth Form. Pre-registration will be required via Eventbrite with details to follow here the first week after half term.
There will also be a schedule of ‘real time’ non GCSE subject talks delivered remotely on the evening. These will cover courses that many year 11 students may not have encountered before:
- Economics, Politics, Sociology, Psychology A levels
- Health & Social Care and Engineering CTEC Vocational (double)
- Tourism Level 3 Applied Diploma (single)
- Core Maths level 3 Cert
- Financial Studies LIBF Level 3 Cert
Pre-registration will be required via Eventbrite for the separate talks, with details to follow here the first week after half term.
In addition under the 6th form tab on the school website in November you will be able to hear via video from existing students talking about their experiences of studying with us, covering all the subjects we offer.
Some good reasons why you should choose The Billericay School Sixth Form:
- The size of our sixth form gives us greater resources than smaller institutions and this means we are more able to offer a wider range of subject and course combinations at A level & CTEC level 3.
- A highly qualified and experienced staff that have a proven track record of working successfully at A level.
- Excellent study facilities and subject resources (including state of the art media and music facilities)
- Personalised care and support through a personal tutor and the sixth form pastoral team, supporting and monitoring your progress and acting as a contact point with home.
- An exceptional curriculum enrichment programme.
- Access to the school’s sport and gym facilities.
- Outstanding guidance and support for university, employment or training.
Supporting your next step:
In our sixth form you will find students:
- Applying for entrance to Russell Group, Oxford and Cambridge Universities or for courses in medicine and veterinary sciences.
- Taking ‘A’ levels or CTEC courses with the intention of going on to degree courses at universities and colleges of higher education.
- Leaving at eighteen to enter employment with the 'A' level, CTEC level 3 and other qualifications that they have gained during their one or two years of study.
- Leaving at 18 to gain degree and higher level apprenticeships.
Who can apply to the Sixth Form?
- We operate an ‘open’ sixth form which means that we offer courses to suit a range of interests and abilities, and each year there are typically 20 to 30 students who join the sixth from other schools and colleges. Places on specific programmes of study are dependent upon availability.
- You will need to reach a certain level of achievement in your GCSEs and other qualifications (see the “Which course is best for me?” page) in order to follow certain courses.
- The governing body reserves the right to refuse admission if these criteria are not met.
Please see below a selection of videos: Student Reflections on their Level 3 Courses