We see the role of the library as central to raising standards and maximising progress for all students through developing independent learners who read widely for pleasure and information.
We aim to encourage an enthusiasm about reading through a diverse range of material including books, magazines, audio-visual material such as talking books, and providing access to IT facilities, including the Internet.
The library aims to provide:
- A wide variety of resources to support students’ personal development and interests
- A stimulating and exciting environment to support private study, group enquiry discussion and practical activity which is accessible to all
The library aims to help students develop:
- Information and data handling skills
- Research Skills
- A passion for reading
Events in the Library:
- Reading reward
- 'Recommends Reads' to get a reading scholar badge
- World Book Day events
- 'Good reads' lists
- Visiting authors
- Careers visits - meet the professional
Writing a Book Review
Here are some documents you may find useful when writing a Book Review. Should you wish to type on the template of the Book Review you will need to use the Word version of the document which you may download to your computer.