Quick Links

Quick Links

The Billericay School


Our Governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. 

All staff appointments are subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.

Our Designated Teacher for Child Protection is Mrs Cooper, Assistant Headteacher.  If you have an urgent concern, please speak to her as soon as possible via telephone or email using the contact details below. If Mrs Cooper is unavailable and your call is of an urgent nature, please direct your concern to Ms Wood, Head of Student Services who will be all be able to offer advice. 

For all urgent concerns, please email our safeguarding team directly at: info@billericayschool.com.  Your concern will be treated in the strictest confidence and investigated as a matter of urgency. Alternatively, please telephone our main office on 01277 655191 and ask for one of the Safeguarding team detailed above. 

You can also report urgent concerns direct to Social Care via Essex Social Services on 0345 603 7627 or the NSPCC on 0808 800 500.  In an emergency, please contact the Police by dialling 999. 

In addition to our school Safeguarding Policies and Procedures, we would also like to make you aware of the NSPCC Report Abuse in Education helpline. It comes after a high number of anonymous testimonials were submitted to the Everyone’s Invited website, documenting abuse in all types of schools, colleges, and universities.

The link below provides more information for young people and for worried adults and professionals that need support and guidance.


The helpline number is 0800 136 663 and will offer support to:

  • all children and young people making current and non-recent disclosures of abuse
  • any children or young people who want to talk about being involved or witnessing any incidents
  • any adults who have experienced non-recent abuse
  • parents and carers who have any concerns about their own or other children
  • professionals who work in schools and need support in this or related issues