We are delighted to announce that The Billericay School has achieved another fantastic set of examination results for both GCSE and A-levels/Level 3.
If you wish to contact our Exams department for any reason, including information on historic results, please email us at: email@example.com
The Billericay School GCSE Exam Results 2023 - Year 11
In what is without doubt unprecedented times for our students we have seen phenomenal results this year. In years which have seen challenge after challenge we have still seen our students achieve fantastically and continue to walk into their next destinations, very many gaining entry into our own significantly oversubscribed Sixth Form, with a fantastic set of highly covetable academic results. This year we have seen our Most Able achieve extremely well with many in the top 1% in the UK. And The Billericay School has outperformed all national averages at grade 4 and 5 on attainment for English, Mathematics and Science meaning so many of our students automatically achieve their Sixth Form and College offers. We have seen some fantastic results including Mathematics, Art, Biology, Physics, Statistics and Sport Studies all outperforming national averages by quite some way.
With so many achieving the ‘door-opening grades’ of passes in English, Mathematics and Science, we know many of our students will gain entry into their first choice destination. And, with so many achieving the top gold standard 7-9 grades, we know that our Sixth Form will continue to be amongst the very best as they begin their journeys towards University and beyond with us.
We couldn’t be prouder of every student that worked so very hard. A huge thank you to those parents who supported throughout 2 lockdowns and our staff who worked tirelessly to help make every second and every mark count.
Headteacher, Mr Patrick Berry, said:
Our school is so proud of our fantastic students. This cohort have had to show unique resilience to return to a full public examination schedule despite the disruption of the last 3 years to their education. The challenge to teenage mental health and wellbeing has never been greater and there have been some incredible individual performances. We celebrate with every student that has made the grade for their place in our sixth form or to progress to their next step in education or training elsewhere. Our students have such bright futures ahead of them.
Here are some of our top achievers this year:
- Freya W achieved top grades in every single GCSE, putting her in the elite category in our country! Phenomenal, 9 Grade 9s and a Distinction*.
- Josh G achieved elite status nationally with 9 Grade 9s and a 7, fantastic achievement!
- Meg D also achieved elite national status with 8 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8 and a Distinction.
- Maddie V achieved 6 Grade 9s and 4 Grade 8s putting her easily into the top 1% in the UK, a stellar achievement!
- Dan T achieved 6 Grade 9s, 2 Grade 8s, 1 Grade 7 and a Grade 6 also placing himself in the top 1% in the UK, fantastic!
- Leilani E secured an excellent set of results, with 4 Grade 9s, a Distinction*, 3 Grade 8s, 1 Grade 7, 1 Grade 5.
- Harrison S achieved a fantastic suite of grades including 6 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 1 Grade 7 and 1 Grade 5.
- Sam L achieved a well-deserved 3 Grade 9, 5 Grade 8s, 1 Grade 6 and a Distinction.
- Jacob B secured 4 Grade 9s, 3 Grade 8s as well as 3 Grade 7s and a Grade 5, fantastic!
- Ethan M secured 3 Grade 9s, 4 Grade 8s and 3 Grade 7s, extremely well deserved.
- Harry J achieved a fantastic 3 Grade 9s, 4 Grade 8s, 2 Grade 7s and 1 Grade 6.
We have also seen some phenomenal progress, with our top ten students below achieving significantly above their predictions and targets. Often sometimes 2 grades above in every subject!
In order of ‘most progress made’ they are:
- Veronika K
- Matty M
- Beth W
- Miracle Ok
- Emily T
- Matthew S
- Abigail C
- Leilani E
- Nancy P
- Mihaela F
Well done to all of students who collected their GCSE results - we are so proud of you all!
The Billericay School Sixth Form Exam Results 2023 - Year 13
2023 Sixth Form Results Headlines
- 57 grades at the Gold Standard A* (or Distinction* for Vocational qualifications)
- 30 different students achieved the gold standard A* (or Distinction*) grade in at least one subject
- 99.6% A*-E at A Level
- 100% A*-C in 10 different subjects (Engineering, Finance, French, Health Studies, Italian, Further Maths, Psychology, Spanish, Sport, EPQ)
- 100% A*-B in Further Mathematics
- 93% A*-B in English Literature
- Over a quarter of all grades were either A* or A (or equivalent)
We are bowled over by the fantastic results of our Sixth Form with so very many achieving the highest grades and gaining their first choice next step destinations whether this be University, Higher Level Apprenticeships or their first steps onto the career ladder. We continue to be one of the highest performing Sixth Forms in the county and we are significantly over subscribed.
We are hugely proud of what our students have achieved during their time at The Billericay Sixth Form and we look forward to seeing what so many will achieve in the coming years. We have many future entrepreneurs, engineers, scientists, doctors, artists and creative professionals. University destinations included Cambridge University, King’s College London, Durham, Exeter, Loughborough and Birmingham. The next generation is one we are rightly proud of.
Patrick Berry, Headteacher, said:
These results represent the culmination of the hard work and resilience of our wonderful student community and the outstanding support that they have received from our dedicated staff body. This cohort of students were the first since 2019 to sit the full suite of qualifications under ‘normal’ exam conditions and they have excelled themselves. Overall, the results this year are better than our record success of last year and there are a number of incredible individual performances. Our students now have exceptional futures ahead of them. These results could not be achieved without the constant support and encouragement of our parents community as well as from our dedicated governing body.
Lisa Pollard, Head of Sixth Form, said:
I am incredibly proud of our Year 13 students and so happy to be able to celebrate with them today following their hard work over the past two years. They are a truly wonderful and inspiring cohort, and I am confident that each and every one of them will go on to achieve great things in their futures beyond the Billericay Sixth Form. We wish each and every one of them all the very best for their next steps.
Here are some of our top achievers this year:
- Christopher Lang achieved a highly prestigious place at Queens College Cambridge University to study Computer Science after achieving a phenomenal four A*’s in Computer Science, Further Mathematics, Mathematics and Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
- Isabelle Pourrat achieved four A*’s. A* in Biology, Business Studies, Mathematics and EPQ and will be studying Mathematics with Management at Exeter University.
- Adam Cuthbert achieved an incredible 5 Grade A’s; A* in Mathematics. Further Mathematics and EPQ alongside A’s in both History and Politics. He will be studying Physics at Manchester University.
- Samantha Ugiagbe achieved 4 straights A grades; A*s in English Language & Literature and EPQ, and A in both French and History. Samantha has achieved a prestigious place reading International Relations at Kings College, London.
- Jack O’Keeffe achieved 4 straight A grades. A* in EPQ and A’s in Economics, History and Politics and is delighted to be reading Politics and International Relations at the prestigious Durham University.
- Rebecca Marcose will be studying a prestigious degree in Medicine at the University of Birmingham after achieving all grade A’s, A*’s in both Biology and Psychology and an A in Chemistry.
- Paa Yaw Addo achieved 3 grade A’s; A* Psychology, A’s in both Biology and Chemistry. Paa Yow will be studying Medicine or Biomedical Science at the University.
- Wole Akande achieved 3 straight A’s’; A* in Business studies and A’s in both Mathematics and Physics and will be studying Engineering at University of Bath.
- Anna Wildgust achieved all grade A’s; A* in Film Studies and A’s in both English Literature and History and will study Film and History at Southampton.
- Ella Abbott achieved an A* in Sociology, and A’s in both D&T Product Design and EPQ and a B in English Literature and will read Law at Lancaster University.
- Thomas Whitehead achieved an A* in EPQ, A’s in both Biology and Chemistry and a B in Mathematics and will study Zoology at Sheffield University.
- Tamim Islam will study Economics at Leeds, achieving and A* in Economics, A’s in Business Studies and EPQ and a B in Geography.
- Max Adams achieved an A* in Mathematics and EPQ, an A in Further Mathematics and Physics and a B in Computer Science and will be studying Physics with Astrophysics at the University of Manchester.
- Kynan Treby achieved an A* in Psychology, A in Economics, Distinction* in Sports Studies and a B in EPQ. Kynan is a Team GB Fencer and will study Economics at the prestigious sports focused University of Loughborough.
- Jake Aurora achieved an A* in English Literature, A’s in Politics and EPQ and a B in History. He will read Law at Southampton University.
- Lea Delens Jackson achieved an A* in Film Studies and an A in English Literature and a B in Psychology and will read English Literature at Sheffield University.
- Melissa Tidey, A* in Psychology, A in History, B in English Literature. Melissa will be studying History at Nottingham University.
- Audrey Adunyah achieved Double Distinction* in Health and Social Care, A in EPQ and B in Sociology. She will be studying Midwifery at The University of Manchester.
- Jessica Bath achieved a Double Distinction* in Health and Social Care and a B in Art. Jessica will be studying Nursing at Anglia Ruskin University.
- Emily Boucher achieved Double Distinction* in Health and Social Care, A in EPQ and B in Sociology. Emily has an apprenticeship in Business Administration.
- Ethan Andrews achieved Double Distinction* in Engineering and B in Design Technology: Product Design. He will be attending University of Nottingham to study Engineering.
- Kye Kinch achieved Double Distinction* in Engineering and a B in Economics. He will be attending University of Birmingham to study Engineering.
- Louis Tibbett achieved Distinction*Distinction in Engineering and a B in Design Technology: Product Design and will be attending Canterbury University to study Design and Engineering.
A huge well done to all of our Year 13 students. We would like to wish you all the very best for the future and hope that you will stay in touch!