Sixth Form Examination Results 2023
We are delighted to announce that The Billericay School has achieved another fantastic set of examination results for A-levels/Level 3.
If you wish to contact our Exams department for any reason, including information on historic results, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Billericay School Sixth Form Exam Results 2023 - Year 13
2023 Sixth Form Results Headlines
- 57 grades at the Gold Standard A* (or Distinction* for Vocational qualifications)
- 30 different students achieved the gold standard A* (or Distinction*) grade in at least one subject
- 99.6% A*-E at A Level
- 100% A*-C in 10 different subjects (Engineering, Finance, French, Health Studies, Italian, Further Maths, Psychology, Spanish, Sport, EPQ)
- 100% A*-B in Further Mathematics
- 93% A*-B in English Literature
- Over a quarter of all grades were either A* or A (or equivalent)
We are bowled over by the fantastic results of our Sixth Form with so very many achieving the highest grades and gaining their first choice next step destinations whether this be University, Higher Level Apprenticeships or their first steps onto the career ladder. We continue to be one of the highest performing Sixth Forms in the county and we are significantly over subscribed.
We are hugely proud of what our students have achieved during their time at The Billericay Sixth Form and we look forward to seeing what so many will achieve in the coming years. We have many future entrepreneurs, engineers, scientists, doctors, artists and creative professionals. University destinations included Cambridge University, King’s College London, Durham, Exeter, Loughborough and Birmingham. The next generation is one we are rightly proud of.
Patrick Berry, Headteacher, said:
These results represent the culmination of the hard work and resilience of our wonderful student community and the outstanding support that they have received from our dedicated staff body. This cohort of students were the first since 2019 to sit the full suite of qualifications under ‘normal’ exam conditions and they have excelled themselves. Overall, the results this year are better than our record success of last year and there are a number of incredible individual performances. Our students now have exceptional futures ahead of them. These results could not be achieved without the constant support and encouragement of our parents community as well as from our dedicated governing body.
Lisa Pollard, Head of Sixth Form, said:
I am incredibly proud of our Year 13 students and so happy to be able to celebrate with them today following their hard work over the past two years. They are a truly wonderful and inspiring cohort, and I am confident that each and every one of them will go on to achieve great things in their futures beyond the Billericay Sixth Form. We wish each and every one of them all the very best for their next steps.
Here are some of our top achievers this year:
- Christopher Lang achieved a highly prestigious place at Queens College Cambridge University to study Computer Science after achieving a phenomenal four A*’s in Computer Science, Further Mathematics, Mathematics and Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
- Isabelle Pourrat achieved four A*’s. A* in Biology, Business Studies, Mathematics and EPQ and will be studying Mathematics with Management at Exeter University.
- Adam Cuthbert achieved an incredible 5 Grade A’s; A* in Mathematics. Further Mathematics and EPQ alongside A’s in both History and Politics. He will be studying Physics at Manchester University.
- Samantha Ugiagbe achieved 4 straights A grades; A*s in English Language & Literature and EPQ, and A in both French and History. Samantha has achieved a prestigious place reading International Relations at Kings College, London.
- Jack O’Keeffe achieved 4 straight A grades. A* in EPQ and A’s in Economics, History and Politics and is delighted to be reading Politics and International Relations at the prestigious Durham University.
- Rebecca Marcose will be studying a prestigious degree in Medicine at the University of Birmingham after achieving all grade A’s, A*’s in both Biology and Psychology and an A in Chemistry.
- Paa Yaw Addo achieved 3 grade A’s; A* Psychology, A’s in both Biology and Chemistry. Paa Yow will be studying Medicine or Biomedical Science at the University.
- Wole Akande achieved 3 straight A’s’; A* in Business studies and A’s in both Mathematics and Physics and will be studying Engineering at University of Bath.
- Anna Wildgust achieved all grade A’s; A* in Film Studies and A’s in both English Literature and History and will study Film and History at Southampton.
- Ella Abbott achieved an A* in Sociology, and A’s in both D&T Product Design and EPQ and a B in English Literature and will read Law at Lancaster University.
- Thomas Whitehead achieved an A* in EPQ, A’s in both Biology and Chemistry and a B in Mathematics and will study Zoology at Sheffield University.
- Tamim Islam will study Economics at Leeds, achieving and A* in Economics, A’s in Business Studies and EPQ and a B in Geography.
- Max Adams achieved an A* in Mathematics and EPQ, an A in Further Mathematics and Physics and a B in Computer Science and will be studying Physics with Astrophysics at the University of Manchester.
- Kynan Treby achieved an A* in Psychology, A in Economics, Distinction* in Sports Studies and a B in EPQ. Kynan is a Team GB Fencer and will study Economics at the prestigious sports focused University of Loughborough.
- Jake Aurora achieved an A* in English Literature, A’s in Politics and EPQ and a B in History. He will read Law at Southampton University.
- Lea Delens Jackson achieved an A* in Film Studies and an A in English Literature and a B in Psychology and will read English Literature at Sheffield University.
- Melissa Tidey, A* in Psychology, A in History, B in English Literature. Melissa will be studying History at Nottingham University.
- Audrey Adunyah achieved Double Distinction* in Health and Social Care, A in EPQ and B in Sociology. She will be studying Midwifery at The University of Manchester.
- Jessica Bath achieved a Double Distinction* in Health and Social Care and a B in Art. Jessica will be studying Nursing at Anglia Ruskin University.
- Emily Boucher achieved Double Distinction* in Health and Social Care, A in EPQ and B in Sociology. Emily has an apprenticeship in Business Administration.
- Ethan Andrews achieved Double Distinction* in Engineering and B in Design Technology: Product Design. He will be attending University of Nottingham to study Engineering.
- Kye Kinch achieved Double Distinction* in Engineering and a B in Economics. He will be attending University of Birmingham to study Engineering.
- Louis Tibbett achieved Distinction*Distinction in Engineering and a B in Design Technology: Product Design and will be attending Canterbury University to study Design and Engineering.
A huge well done to all of our Year 13 students. We would like to wish you all the very best for the future and hope that you will stay in touch!