Find out more information about the different routes you can take to become a teacher - come and meet us in person at one of our FREE information events!
Billericay Education Consortium (BEC)
We are committed to Teacher Training and work with a large group of schools ensuring training opportunities are vast and varied drawing on a wealth of experience.
All School Direct places are through Billericay Educational Consortium (BEC) and The Billericay School.
What makes our Essex teacher training course outstanding?
We know what makes an outstanding trainee. We work with a large network of partnership schools throughout Essex and Havering who are passionate about training and developing outstanding and confident teachers. Our training schools design and deliver the programme reflecting on the real demands and challenges teachers face in the classroom. Every trainee is an individual and we aim to meet their particular needs through an inspiring training experience in our schools in Essex and Havering.
We provide bespoke training of the highest quality, and over the last five years 100% of our trainees have passed the course with Qualified Teacher Status and gained a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with 60 Master credits.
100% of our trainees gain employment, normally in one of our Essex training schools.
We offer three routes:
- Qualified Teacher Status only (QTS)
- QTS and Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with 60 credits
- Assessment Only Route
Please visit our website to view programme details and further information www.billericayscitt.com.
Don't delay - places go fast!
The Billericay Teaching Alliance
About Billericay Teaching Alliance?
As an alliance, our priority is to work with teachers, schools and a wide range of organisations seeking innovative ways to impact on every day learning experiences of children in the classroom. We are proud to;
- recruit and train both Primary and Secondary teachers as part of our Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programme, many of whom become employed by our ITT school partners as Early Career Teachers (ECTs).
- provide a wealth of opportunities for non-teaching staff, teachers and leaders at all levels to develop their practice, striving for the highest of standards. We constantly seek to identify and develop talent across all our schools.
- be heavily engaged with School to School Support. Peer-to-peer working and collaboration is the most powerful form of professional development. Billericay TA has a large number of System Leaders including Headteachers who have a desire to work with colleagues beyond their own school impacting on the quality of Teaching and Learning, Leadership Development, and Whole School Improvement.
- constantly reflect on classroom practice and School Improvement through Research and Development (R&D). We create opportunities for individuals and groups across organisations to engage with a wide range of projects linking theory and practice in order to be more effective.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.billericayteachingalliance.com/